Friday, September 4, 2009

Ralphers Joins the Chenuau Family




This post is a couple of weeks late but here it is!!! We now have Ralph Lauren with us (super cheezy name but it goes well with Coco Chanel). He's a wire haired dachsy and red in color. I would never have thought that I would have taken interest in a wire hair. I'm not a big terrier kind of gal and when he gets older he'll have a little terrier or schnauzer looking face when his whiskers grow out. But, when I picked him up and held him that was it. He's very calm and quiet compared to our hyper active Coco. Very sweet and timid demeanor.

Of course, he's been at home with us for two weeks and after hangin' with the Coco beans, he's a little bit nutty when he plays. He's also picked up some of her nosey habits. They shared a kleenex the other day (I swear I was gone from the room for 5 minutes). Our only big issue right now is potty training - boys are tougher to figure out. We take Ralph out about every 30 min's and apparently sometimes that isn't enough for his boutique bladder. It will happen over time if we just stay consistent. The other item we are working on is interrupting play when it's too rough b/t the doggies. They love to bite one another's ears too hard while the other one squeals (I'll never understand doggy play). Coco seems to think Ralph is a football sometimes and will literally run from the other room as fast as she can to tackle him - he just goes rolling across the floor. Trying to stop some of that.

Overall though, they seem to love being with one another and are doing pretty well. Ralph starts puppy kindergarten next Sunday. Should be interesting!!!

1 comment:

  1. They are adorable, Angela. Puppy bellies are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete